Members Area

Pacman told: Ignore Floyd

30 Comments

TOP Rank promoter Bob Arum has advised for pound-for- pound king Manny Pacquiao: Don’t react to anything that Floyd Mayweather Jr. says regarding a fight with him and how such a fight could be made.

“The best thing for Manny to do is just ignore him,” Arum told the Manila Standard.

The promoter said the media called him for a comment on Mayweather’s statement that for the mega-buck fight to happen, Pacquiao will have to get rid of his promoter (Arum).

Arum’s reaction was: “We have absolutely no response.”

“He (Mayweather) really doesn’t want to fight Manny,” said Arum, pointing to the ridiculous proposals regarding the revenue split, his offer of a guaranteed $40-million purse, with Mayweather keeping all the pay-per-view income, which Pacquiao said was embarrassing.

Pacquiao’s adviser Michael Koncz said Mayweather lost his composure after he revealed the details of the American fighter’s offer to the Filipino champ and Team Pacquiao’s better counter-offer, which Floyd never responded to.

READ MORE: http://www.manilastandardtoday.com/insideSports_mstd.htm?f=//2012/March/1/sports1.isx&n=sports&d=/2012/March/1

30 Comments

Comment by paul — February 29, 2012 @ 1:54 pm

Y does he need 2 ignore him if arum was any kind of promoter he would hav sealed the fight,fans want it and so does Manny so arum should hav made chickenweather a offer he couldn’t refuse but he neva,so y is he tellin Manny wot 2 do Manny should get rid of arum coz he will do everyhn 2 get in the wae and set up top rank fighter vs top rank fighter he is a joke any promoter would hav bust a gut 2 seal it,so he has no right 2 tell Manny 2 ignore him especially wen every1 is asking him bout the fight all the time,Manny will need 2 grow sum balls and tell arum rite up its Floyd next and that’s it so get it a done deal coz him draggin it out is ridiculous 2 b honest

Comment by Kyle Magnuson — February 29, 2012 @ 3:01 pm

I agree with Arum. But this advice is obvious. Manny is a wise fighter and he knows what it takes to win. Ignore Mayweather and keep him waiting.. Manny will fight Mayweather when it is his fight, not in some circus show that Mayweather is making out of this fight. Mayweather’s comments and actions are childish and he will pay for it when the time comes that MP calls him out and knocks him to the floor. MP will play Mayweather like they are already in the ring… feint, feint, and go.

Comment by RLL — February 29, 2012 @ 3:53 pm

@Paul…arum means that manny should ignore what chicken floyd will say about getting fight against Pacman, about drug testing, stuff like that. of course manny wants to fight floydiot, but everything that floydiot is saying are all trash, so arum advise manny not to react what floyd are saying…

Comment by mpfan.. — February 29, 2012 @ 7:22 pm

noooo.. f floyd get all da purse. and just only $40mil guaranted 4 pacman. fuck no. pacman is not idiot to take dat fight. floyd is scared to fight manny coz he said in new york press con dat f u fight floydiot ders no 50-50 split. ders no pac-floydiot fight.. and i hope cotto beat dat nigga ass. and take da rematch with pacman. dats will be a good fight. no more ducking no more trash talking. dats 8.

Comment by Guest — February 29, 2012 @ 9:56 pm

People point out floyd is this and Floyd is that but u forgot pacquiao cheated on his wife and use to be with many women at a time… He also had a gambling problem.. Shocking I knowwwwww!!! People dont say these things… If u point out Floyd’s negatives what about pacquiaos????

Comment by Guest — February 29, 2012 @ 11:07 pm

Manny pacquiao don’t even get paperview revenue!!!!! It’s bob arum who gets that because he is the promoter.. Bob gets 27.5 % also promotion team gets 27.5%.. Floyd offering 40 mill was the greatest deal pacquiao could have ever got .. People he is only get 6-10 mill now… Wake up!!!!!!

Comment by gavin — February 29, 2012 @ 11:27 pm

Guest, wake up. If Pacquiao agrees to 40 mil, Floyd will demand 154 lbs weight or no fight. Floyd have millions of excuses and demand to duck Pacquiao. Idiot! Bokbokokkkk

Comment by gavin — February 29, 2012 @ 11:29 pm

Guest, floyd would rather fight Pacquiao leftovers now hahahah

Comment by kevin — February 29, 2012 @ 11:36 pm

not a surprising response from Bob Arum… Floyd Mayweather: Manny Pacquiao needs to leave Bob Arum. Bob Arum: MANNY DONT LISTEN TO HIM! IGNORE HIM!

Comment by Pacquiao-for-President — March 1, 2012 @ 5:42 am

Funny JOKE about PACQUIAO and MAYWEATHER. Must Read

MANNY PACQUIAO is having breakfast in a hotel in Las Vegas one morning. He was eating bread and jam when archrival FLOYD MAYWEATHER while chewing his gum, sits down next to him. PACQUIAO ignores MAYWEATHER who, nevertheless, starts a conversation:

MAYWEATHER: “You Filipinos eat the whole bread??”
PACQUIAO (Little irritated): “Of course.”
MAYWEA…THER: (after blowing a huge bubble): “We don’t. In America, we only eat what’s inside. The crusts we collect in a container, recycle it, transform them in to croissants and sell them to the Philippines.” The American has a smirk on his face. The Pinoy listens in silence. Still Mayweather persists.

MAYWEATHER: “Do you eat jelly with the bread??”
PACQUIAO: “Of course.”
MAYWEATHER: (cracking his gum between his teeth and chucling). “We don’t. In America, we eat fresh fruits for breakfast, then we put all the peels, seeds, and leftovers in containers, recycle them, transform them into jam and sell the jam to the Philippines.”

PACQUIAO (irritated) asks: “Do you have sex in America?”
MAYWEATHER: “Why of course we do!”.
PACQUIAO (now smirking): “And what do you do with the condoms once you’ve used them?”
MAYWEATHER: (a bit puzzled): “We throw them away, of course.”

PACQUIAO “We don’t. In my beloved Philippines, we put them in a container, recycle them, melt them into chewing gum and sell them to America…

Comment by RLL — March 1, 2012 @ 6:18 am

@guest..if pacman cheated on his wife, what about floyd? Maynever beats his ex gf and his kids…Floydiot is so brave with women only! why not fight with men, real men…

Comment by kilo — March 1, 2012 @ 8:59 am

FLOYD MAYWEATHER SAYS: “Floyd Mayweather is a winner at the end of the day. Floyd Mayweather is not a cheater. If I was Timothy Bradley, I’d have Manny Pacquiao take random blood and urine testing.” Your Thoughts?

Comment by kilo — March 1, 2012 @ 10:36 am

OSCAR DE LA HOYA SAYS BOB ARUM IS THE REASON WHY MANNY PACQUIAO AND FLOYD MAYWEATHER WILL NOT HAPPEN. OSCAR DE LA HOYA SAYS BOB ARUM IS THE REASON WHY THIS SPORT IS NOT CLEANED UP!!!!…. ALOT OF PEOPLE BLAME BOB ARUM..ALEX ARIZA, OSCAR DE LA HOYA, FLOYD MAYWEATHER…. MANNY PACQUIAO NEEDS TO START LISTENING!!!… FOR DE LA HOYA INTERVIEW.. Click Here

Comment by ARNOLD — March 1, 2012 @ 1:29 pm

BOTTOM LINE IS NO 50/50 MEAQNS DUCKING!!! KAPISH.

DON’T MAKE UP RULES IF IT’S NOT IN THE RULE BOOK.

NO IFS, ORS AND BUTS. 50/50 ALL THE WAY. FLOYD IS LUCKY TO BE OFFERED 50/50 BY THE PACMAN. PACMAN HAS BEEN THE RING MAGAZINE POUND-FOR-POUND CHAMPION THE LAST 4 YEARS. BOXER OF THE DECADE. BOXER OF THE YEAR 3 OF THE LAST 4 YEARS. ONLY, ONLY, ONLY, THE ONLY BOXER IN HISTORY TO HAVE TITLES IN 8 DIFFERENT DIVISION. HAS BEATEN MORE FUTURE HALL OF FAMERS THAN FLOYD.

ANY QUESTIONS?

Comment by GUEST — March 1, 2012 @ 2:00 pm

@ GAVIN I thought i put you too sleep. You cant even comment anymore after you told me manny pacquiao fought kasidis before which he never did lol.You dont know shit about your hero so be quiet.. you have been dismissed so run along somewhere

Comment by JIgs — March 1, 2012 @ 2:01 pm

Manny says Floydiot call him in his mobile in the Philippines. Manny says his agree of random blood testing and 50-50 share in revenue. But the crocodile Floydiot said it will not happen. Crocodile Floydiot said all the pay per view is for him and nothing for Manny. Manny said he is not stupid to accept the offer of crocodile Floydiot. Its not fault of Arum why Manny dont want to fight the crocodile Floydiot. Also the advise of Arum to ignore the crocodile is the best way to do. Anyway, maybe Floydiot thought Manny is stupid like him. The only thing that Floydiot can do is to talk rubbish against Manny. Dana is right. Floydiot should stop talking rubbish and blaiming Pacquiao why the fight not happen. It is his fault co`z if he is a real men both fighters should take 50-50. Do you think all the fans would believe you by calling and twitting Pacquiao that you want to fight him? Its all drama crocodile Floydiot.

Comment by GUEST — March 1, 2012 @ 2:13 pm

@ RLL Obviously you dont know who mayweather is because he does (fight with men) in a sport called boxing. my point for saying that pacquiao CHEATED ON HIS GIRL was because dont make it seem like he is innocent

Comment by Guest — March 1, 2012 @ 4:03 pm

Gavin, I tried to search with all my blogs when you said “pacquiao fought katsidis”. I have no proof. sorry! I do remember you asking you when Pacquiao fought an undefeated young champion and also told you that pacquiao fights Floyd left overs. I also said I can’t wait for Floyd to fight legitimate contenders like canelo or martinez and not Floyd “leftovers”.
I guess I am a fool for making those comments and look really silly that I am so embarassed I will wear a cheerleading bikini I bought cheap with matching pompoms. Because now, Pacquiao is fighting an undefeated young champion. Floyd is fighting Pacquiao’s leftovers like Cotto which he destroyed instead of Canelo or Martinez which I demanded Floyd to fight which he ducked again to protect his “0″. I also apologise for accusing pacquiao ducking Floyd refusing to get 40mil whenfloyd can get 120mil and refused 50mil counter offer. The problem is I love Floyd because he is the best DUCKER of all time.
Once again Sorry for beinga fool claiming you said Pacquiao fought katsidis as I have no proof and made it up because you make me look like a total fool infront of everyone so that they are now thinking Im the biggest loser..I’m hurting you know.Floyd Please fight Canelo or martinez! Please fight pacquiao and stop making demands like drug test,venue,date etc which pacquiao agreed to prove to us Floydiot fans he is willing to fight you. Stop making demands that you know is unfair and Pacquiao or any fighter will not agree so you can duck them. I finally woke up. You only got 25mil from delahoya fight and this will be your biggest payday also. By the way,stop picking on Jeremy Lin. Like JeremyLin said” floyd says I’m asian that’s why i get the hype but black players doesn’t get recognition. If I’m black I will be scared of Pacquiao andduck him as well” hahahahahahaha

Comment by GUEST — March 1, 2012 @ 4:15 pm

Gavin, stop owning me and making me look like a fool,ignorant,moron! I have feelings too! Everything I said, you used against me as I seem to lack legitimacy and proof and evidence to my claims. I love Floyd period an I will take itup the @ss if I have to. I would rather die in shame and join uncle Floyd and uncle Roger selling drugs and going to jail as it runs in the family! And dont treat me like a fool once pacquiao wins the defamation case against Floyd and the Mayweathers and make them PAY. I know you!

Comment by Gavin — March 1, 2012 @ 4:20 pm

It’s ok Guest. It’s good to know you finally realise that Floyd will now fight Pacquiao leftovers and pacquiao will fight young undefeated champion. It’s sad that floyd said No 50-50. No fight! I thought he said No drug test, nofight then Pacquiao agreed. I chose the venue or no fight,pacquiao agreed,I chose the date or no fight,Pacqiao agreed. Now Floyd finally found a demand that Pacquiao will never agree to and will allow him to NEVER ever fight him! just give him 40million and Floyd keeps 120mil. Non negotiable! Problem solved! Oh by the way, when he fought Ortiz to show that Ortiz being a southpaw is preparation for Pacquiao, GOT FOOLED AGAIN!

Comment by Gavin — March 1, 2012 @ 4:27 pm

Guest, you did say Floyd will fight thefighter that floydiots want.Canelo or Martinez. Why Cotto? A fighter Pacquiao already destroyed without the aid of handwraps! You did tell me,Cotto was destroyed by Margarito and not the same fighter..Oh sorry, can’t help making a fool out of you over and over..

Comment by Gavin — March 1, 2012 @ 4:34 pm

Kilo” If I was Tim Bradley, I will have manny take random test and urine test” My thoughts, If I was Tim Bradley, I will ask Floyd why he doesn’t have the guts to fight Pacquiao and prove to the world he really is the best. Manny agreed to take the tests to fight you and prove to the world he is the best! As for Bradley, he is already better than Floyd for fighting Pacquiao and not afraid to lose. WITH OR WITHOUT THE TEST! For the record, Bradley did not demand the test and Pacquiao did not demand No test! Marquez survived without tests so this tells you Floyd is SCARED!

Comment by kilo — March 1, 2012 @ 4:53 pm

Gavin, i think Floyd is nervous to fight Manny.. i wouldn’t go as far to say scared, but nervous yes i think so..To Guest. you always come up with the excuse of “MANNY SAID HE WOULD TAKE LESS TO MAKE THE FIGHT HAPPEN”….. well Floyd also said in both of the Victor Ortiz Press Conference “MANNY YES YOU ARE NEXT”…. … Manny also agreed to take the LESS GUARANTEED PURSE… but not less in ppv money… also NOBODY IN THE HISTORY OF PPV FIGHTERS HAS THERE BEEN A PAY PER VIEW FIGHTER THAT HAS TAKEN 0% OF THE REVENUE… SO SORRY GUEST.. FLOYD IS A LITTLE NERVOUS!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Guest — March 1, 2012 @ 7:24 pm

@gavin u can not open your mouth after you said mammy fought kasidis I repeat!!!!!!! So just be quiet bro seriously.. You don’t even know his opponents lmaoooo

Comment by Guest — March 1, 2012 @ 7:30 pm

U guys keep taking about 50/50 but mammy is employed by bob arum so all the 50/50 deal would really be between Floyd and bob arum getting that share.. But You don’t fucking get it do you ( drake voice). Mayweather doesn’t like bob N vice versa.. Why do u think the cotto fight wasn’t able to be make years ago but now it’s so easily after a few months cotto left bob and top rank…manny is a icon that makes between 4-9. million a fight Mayweather makes between 18-50 million a fight it’s facts showing this u guys!!! Mayweather offer mammy 40 million to make the fight.. That’s his guaranteed purse.. It should of been a no brainer and mammy should of took it

Comment by Guest — March 1, 2012 @ 7:32 pm

Mammy does not receive those revenues from pay per view.. It’s something called an advancement that paquiao gets.. Bob is the blood thirsty mother fucker who reaps the most from a mega fight with Floyd and pacquiao…why do u guys think Oscar de la Hoya and cotto started making more money fights and become more rich.. Reason because when you have a boss they get first dibs

Comment by Guest — March 1, 2012 @ 7:38 pm

You guys got to pay attention.. It’s a lot of shit that goes behind the scenes and Floyd. Knows that shit.. Call him cocky , arrogant, chicken Floyd, floydidiot.. W/e y’all say but he was smart mother fucker…his advice for pacquiao is to leave bob arum.. Pacquiao should do that because then and only then he would be his own boss not having someone taking money out his pot.. You guys he’s making single digit figures in the millions.. What icon or pound 4 pound guy should that be happening too. Floyd knows what he’s talking about.. PAC should be make 50 to 70 million a fight because of who he is but he’s making 7 million some of these fight???? Come on you guys wake uppppp!!!!

Comment by gavin — March 1, 2012 @ 10:21 pm

Guest, STFU! I never said katsidis. If I did I have the balls to admit it. Who cares what bob,delahoya,etc etc. manny said he will take the lesser purse. He offered Floyd 50 mil guaranteed and he gets 40 mil. That’s 10 mil less. But ppv is another story. Listen to yourself coz you want Floyd to duck manny. Have the balls to admit floyd would rather fight Pacquiao leftover than canello or martinez. It’s easy to make a fight with cotto coz he is not the no.1 p4p fighter and the best fighter outhere. Duhhh! I own your star again. Listen to Dana white ufc president. He called floyd a ducker and chicken for not agreeing to 50/50. Duhhh. Ducker bokbokokkkk.

Comment by Guest — March 1, 2012 @ 11:18 pm

@ Gavin you got some fucking balls .. So now you gonna say you didn’t say that??? !! Lmaoooo ashamed are u??? So pacquiao didn’t fight hatton right after Floyd??? Oh wait a minute … Oh yea he fought Mosley after Floyd also!!!!… Ohhhh yea Marquez after Floyd haaa haaa.. And now he’s trying to face a young strong fighter just like Floyd did in his last fight who he knocked the fuck out for head buttin.. Just how I wanna knock you out cause your brain is on drugs lol … Please Gavin sit down.. I can’t talk too you cause u don’t think about what you be saying just like when you said mammy fought katsidis before.. You dummmy… Just hush and let me destroy the rest of your cheer leading brothers… Your not worth the time…

Comment by ERICA(JANRICA) — June 13, 2012 @ 9:22 pm