Members Area

Manny Pacquiao’s Son Key to a Possible Showdown vs. Floyd Mayweather?

7 Comments

There are a lot of boxing heavyweights who have a stake in whether or not Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr. actually ever get into the ring against one another. After all, everyone from Bob Arum to Leonard Ellerbe to Michael Koncz to Todd DuBoef to Ken Hershman all stand to profit not only if these guys eventually do their thing – but depending on when the bout happens as well.

Amazingly enough, though, the person who may have the largest say in whether or not the biggest fight of the decade happens may not be any of those Sweet Science power players. It may wind up being someone whose résumé is a lot shorter and whose interest in what ultimately ends up transpiring is a lot more heartfelt and genuine.

Who could this potential miracle worker be? Pacquiao introduced him to the world last Thursday during a news conference regarding his upcoming June 9 bout versus Timothy Bradley.

“My oldest kid (Emmanuel Jr.) is 11 years old and he said, ‘Daddy, I want you to retire, but before you retire I have one request. You fight Mayweather, you beat him and then you retire,’” Pacquiao said.

READ MORE: http://www.opposingviews.com/i/sports/boxingmma/manny-pacquiao%E2%80%99s-son-key-possible-showdown-vs-floyd-mayweather

7 Comments

Comment by kilo — February 27, 2012 @ 2:00 pm

TODAY AT THE PRESS CONFERENCE IN PUERTO RICO
MIGUEL COTTO: “Good Afternoon! Thank you all for coming to support Miguel Cotto and Floyd. It’s a pleasure for me to be here and to announce this great fight. I don’t have a lot to say, you know I don’t say much. All I have to say is that Miguel Cotto like always, is going to prepare like never before to come out champion of Puerto Rico. March 4th I leave for camp and I will return to Puerto Rico on May 6th as champion. That is all I can guarantee
FLOYD MAYWEATHER: “I have no doubt that my collection of belts will increase again and Cotto’s reign will end on May 5th.”

Comment by kilo — February 27, 2012 @ 2:02 pm

:) Watch Timothy Bradley try to feel how strong Manny Pacquiao is in this video.Click Here for Video

Comment by kilo — February 27, 2012 @ 2:46 pm

Bottom line, when Mayweather asks to get 100% of the pay-per-view money. That tells you with no doubt that he DOES NOT want to fight Manny Pacquiao. NO FIGHTER IN HISTORY OF PAY-PER-VIEW has agreed to get 0% of the PPV money and let the other fighter get 100%. Floyd Mayweather DID NOT even say he can have 30%, 20%, or even 10%.. So yes BOTTOM LINE, FLOYD DOES NOT WANT TO FIGHT PACQUIAO.

Comment by kilo — February 27, 2012 @ 5:11 pm

TODAY AT THE PRESS CONFERENCE IN PUERTO RICO FOR MAYWEATHER vs. COTTO. FLOYD MAYWEATHER SAID
“I AM NOT A CHEATER LIKE ANTONIO MARGARITO OR MANNY PACQUIAO”.
Your Thoughts?

Comment by Calvin — February 27, 2012 @ 7:49 pm

Margarito was a cheater yes but Pacman is,nt and floyd has no proof of anything either ,Maybe floyd is up to something and is trying to draw attention at the other guys instead of himself after all he does hang with that fool 50 cent who was involved in a steriod scandal at one time.

Comment by RLL — February 28, 2012 @ 6:08 am

@Kilo…yes indeed floyd does not want to fight Manny…he’s a coward! Floyd even mentioned that he wants to fight Manny in an even field, now floyd does not want to share PPV with Manny? how come this is an even field? Manny even insist on fighting floyd winner take all, did you hear any from floyd? none…his mouth was shut down…

Comment by marlon — February 28, 2012 @ 7:41 am

as long as gayfloyd will act as abnormal one, the fight will not happen

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URL